Saturday, December 30, 2017

Changes and such.

You may have noticed I have changed the name of this blog. I have decided to include greater Spain in my posts. All of Spain and Iberia are greatly important to the globe. The Spanish Empire had many settlements in the Southeastern United States (including San Miguel de Guadalupe, which I posted about a few months ago. I plan to revisit this subject soon). Therefore, I felt the need to encompass all of Spain into my blog.

The title, obviously if you're a history/literary nerd, relates to Don Quixote. The original stories written by Miguel de Cervantes about the fictional hidalgo, Alonso Quixano, in his search for adventure in 16th-17th century Spain.

About my absence for the past few months: I have taken on extra classes and, of course, it was the holiday season. Who isn't busy this time of year? I've also taken on some new responsibilities in my real job. Unfortunately, I had to put posting on the back burner. But alas, I am here now. I should have a new post up in the coming days.


Thanks for reading!
In 1946, Salvador Dali did several sketches and paintings inspired by Don Quixote. I was EXTREMELY excited to see most of them, in addition to his Alice in Wonderland paintings, last spring as the exhibit came to the Columbia Museum of Art in Columbia, SC. They. Were. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment